Aki_Kenmiya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by joeybbb on December 11th 2013, 3:44 pm

Aki_Kenmiya wrote:Monster Idea:
A monster that can't see you unless you are moving
LMAO like a T-Rex xDDDD

R.I.P. my pet, Herbert Willy Jr., Deleted and Deceased on 12/5/13, Even a deep scan couldn't save poor Herbert:

joeybbb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on December 11th 2013, 4:55 pm

Jurassic Park! (that car scene scared me like hell when I was younger!)

Owex
Admin

View user profile http://argusgames.discutland.net

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb on December 11th 2013, 6:13 pm

Nah the part where the fat guy died was wayy scarier
With the mini spitter dinosaurs or whatever xD

R.I.P. my pet, Herbert Willy Jr., Deleted and Deceased on 12/5/13, Even a deep scan couldn't save poor Herbert:

joeybbb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya on December 12th 2013, 2:51 pm

LOL I have the whole collection of movies and I always shat myself when the guy on the toilet died!!!

Aki_Kenmiya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar on December 13th 2013, 2:13 am

Regarding the problem with players who come late and miss out on bosses, what if progress is essentially localized to each player?  A high level player could help with the clearing of monsters inside and outside of the dungeon, however, they are restricted from entering the boss fight.  Think of how World of Warcraft introduced the phasing aspect in Wrath of the Lich King.  If a player who has already defeated a floor boss enters the boss room, while partied with somebody who has not, they are set into a different phase where the boss room is empty and cannot interfere with the boss fight.

This would prevent people from being carried "easily" in that they would still have to do their own progression.  It would also prevent late-coming players from missing out on 50% or more of the game's progression.

joeybbb wrote:Nah the part where the fat guy died was wayy scarier
With the mini spitter dinosaurs or whatever xD
That would be the Dilophosaurus.  I saw this movie when it was initially released, I was 3 (maybe still 2, it was released 16 days before my birthday) but I was already obsessed with the beasts, often correcting my mom on the pronunciations (must be embarrassing at times to have a genius child that can read "big words" better than you.). XD

Also, the T-Rex sight bit is completely inaccurate, although they explain in the book why it is that way.  It was due to the filling of the gaps with frog DNA.  This took away from the predator's own genetic coding and reduced its actual visual capabilities. Sorry to be that guy. XD  However, I DO indeed like the idea of a boss that can't see players unless they are moving, although there would have to be some amazing balances done.  Such as, what constitutes movement?  For instance, if there were to be magic in the game, and a player model were to be moving its arms in spell preparation, would this set off movement?  The player model isn't moving from position, therefore it's not setting off any movement parameters, if programmed that way, spellcasting characters (I know they don't exist in SAO, this is just for the sake of an example) would be able to solo the boss.  Heck, anybody could solo the boss once they got into a standing position that they could strike from.

Perhaps for a balance, they would have to make it so that any use of skill that caused the character model to do ANY form of "movement" (not necessarily the movement parameter of character positioning) but just the movements of a character's arms would grant the boss sight of them.  The boss would also need to be able to recognize previous character positions.  So, say a character was considered "invisible" to the boss and currently has the highest aggro.  The boss may choose to use a location based AOE strike on the position the character was last in.  If they're still there by the time it connects, they would be hit.  Of course this would allow the character time to move and potentially lose aggro from the aggro gains of other players.

Also, perhaps there could be an optimal dodge window. If the time from beginning to strike, to connecting, was say...five seconds. If a player attempts to change positioning too early, the boss could cancel the one attack and use a weaker, but faster, and direct attack on the player whom it would then be able to see.

Elessar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya on December 13th 2013, 3:13 pm

That makes sense maybe if it is a boss then the second stage an eye pops out and it can see the player but have reduced accuracy now hat it has to determine depth. LOGIC FTW  okay 

Aki_Kenmiya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkArcherz on January 3rd 2014, 9:47 pm

I was doing research the other day and i found some amazing things to help with the progress of the NerveGear and the game if possible. Ok so there is this thing called ScentScape. It allows you to smell stuff in the game, like for an example you were playing a cooking simulator. You would smell the food that you are making in game but you have to add the scent to a pack which is the down side.

Another thing i found is this thing called LeapMotion. According to the site it allows you to use your hands to paint/play games on your computer. The LeapMotion could be used fingers,wrists ,hands position and even prop detection like a hilt of a sword.

And one last thing I found was an epoc-neuroheadset. This particular headset allows you to mentally move in a game. This stuff is amazing I know!!!! All this stuff could help greatly with the development of the game and NerveGear if possible (I know i said that last line twice)

(I don't know if im allowed to post site links but ill do it anyway)
ScentScape: http://www.scentsciences.com/products/scent_scape.html
LeapMotion: https://www.leapmotion.com/product
Epoc-neuroheadset: http://www.emotiv.com/store/hardware/epoc-...c-neuroheadset/
This means VRGing is possible in a year or so   Very Happy

DarkArcherz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkArcherz on February 3rd 2014, 12:03 am

This isn't the right place for this but it seems like the most appropriate place to post it because it's my theory on how making fulldive work. So i was thinking over the past few weeks and this theory popped into my head. Here it is: Take an EEG, used to measure electrical impulses of the brain. If you would use a tech like that to send signals back as well as receive them, while at the same time diverting them into the PC (Player Character) rather than into a persons real body. The only problem would be how to calibrate it all, but with the advanced tech we have, I have no doubt that it could be done.

There is pretty much how fulldive can work.

DarkArcherz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon3582 on February 5th 2014, 11:52 am

Well, I was part of the old forum and I've been lurking here every once in a while because I want this project to continue. And I got to thinking about the bosses and how there was a little discussion going on about how if they should respawn or not because of slower players who play at their own pace and people who are continually joining. I had an idea. It doesn't necessarily account for the slower players but it's just an idea. What if the game was a closed session? You advertise the crap out of it to everyone who wants to join and play the game then close off registration and launch the game to those who registered and have the necessary things to play. Then the game begins and players fight to clear the game as that's the goal. I don't have an exact idea for a player cap, but there could be one. Since the game should be a ridiculously hard game with raids that consist of at least 50 people or so and one time boss fights would go on for the game. Then if the game gets cleared, it could be shut down and taken off for a while to repurpose it for different attack patterns, loot areas and dungeon layouts so it's like a brand new version of the game to an extent. This idea probably has a lot of holes that could be poked in it, but it's a different idea. Problems I see in it is that once registration is done, no more new players can be let in once it launches. It's kind of a good and bad thing. Good that everyone starts around the same time, bad that it is only to people who registered. Also at the end once it's cleared it would take an extremely long time to repurpose and rearrage everything to seem like a new game. And it also just seems like a really weird idea to me, but it's kind of taking off how tv shows work with different seasons and such. Anyways carry and take a read of that idea and see if seems alright.

dragon3582

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top